The Marpole-Oakridge Community Association (MOCA) is a registered non-profit society. Annual membership is valid Sept 1 to Aug 31 and is free to all ages. A MOCA membership is required to be eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). You must be 19+ years to vote . You can get your membership in person, at the community centre. MOCA membership is not required to participate in activities.
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, debit card or cheques (payable to: Marpole-Oakridge Community Association). GST is included in fees where applicable. A $30 processing fee will be applied to NSF cheques.
Personal Information Protection
In the course of providing programs and services, the Marpole-Oakridge Community Association collects personal information of our members and other individuals participating in classes, workshops, projects, events, or renting the facility. This information may be used for communication purposes regarding current or upcoming events, processing payments, statistical or human resource purposes, or for the provision of programs or services. We respect the importance of protecting the personal information that we collect. For information on our privacy policies and practices or to contact our Privacy Officer, please contact 604-257-8180 or MarpoleOakridgeCC@gmail.com.
- Full refunds issued for programs cancelled by the Community Centre
- Refund request received more than 5 business days prior to the start of the program (see Exceptions), will be paid in full.
- Refunds requested less than five MOCC business days prior to the program start, but more than 2 MOCC business days before the second class, will be charged for the first class, and an administration fee ($5).
- No refund request will be granted if they are received less than 2 MOCC business days prior to the second class, unless a doctor’s note is provided.
- This policy applies to all music lessons.
- This policy does not apply to Marpole-Oakridge Preschool.
- Daycamps, Birthday Parties, and Special Event refund requests must be received 10 or more MOCC business days prior to the program start for refunds to be issued.
Leisure Access Program
The Vancouver Park Board Leisure Access Program is for Vancouver Residents who face financial barriers. Marpole-Oakridge Community Association allows 50% off most centre programs for those that qualify for the LA program. A 50% discount is applied to fitness centre drop-in, racquet court admission and flexipass for those that qualify. For more information about the LA program, visit Vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture-access-card.aspx. An LA application package is available from any Vancouver Park Board Community Centre. For more information call MOCA at 604-257-8180.